To view the term dates for 2019/2020 and 2020/2021, please click the links from the table below.
School education lays the vital foundations of a childs life. Research clearly demonstrates the link between regular attendance and educational progress and attainment. Parents/carers and the school staff should work in partnership in making education a success and in ensuring that all children have full and equal access to all that the school has to offer. In our school, we have a 97% attendance target. Any pupil whose attendance falls below that target will be considered a cause for concern. Attendance procedures will be put in place for all pupils with an attendance record below 97% (over a four to six-week period) to ensure that a significant improvement in attendance levels is secured.
We expect that all pupils will:
- Attend school every day
- Attend school punctually
- Attend appropriately prepared for the day
- Discuss promptly with their class teacher or school office any problems that may affect their school attendance
We expect that all parents/carers will:
- Ensure regular school attendance and be aware of their legal responsibilities.
- Ensure that their child arrives at school punctually and prepared for the school day.
- Ensure that they contact the school daily of absence or if known in advance, whenever their child is unable to attend school.
- Provide medical proof if their child is absent for any medical appointments or illness
- Contact school promptly whenever any problem occurs that may keep their child away from school.
- Notify the school of any home circumstances that might affect the behaviour and learning of their child.
- Notify school immediately of any changes to contact details.
For more detailed information, please view our attendance policy by clicking here.