The national curriculum for Physical Education aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Pupils will develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities.
- They are physically active for sustained periods of time.
- Children engage in competitive sports and activities.
- They lead healthy, active lives.
At Lingdale Primary we want to provide children with a range of experiences and allow them to develop their skills of movement, as well as to develop and apply their interpersonal skills, including determination, self-belief, honesty, teamwork, respect and passion, as celebrated in the School Sports Partnership. Physical Education is taught for a minimum of 2 hours per week and all strands of PE will be taught in every year group (dance, gymnastics, games, athletics and OAA). The focus is on providing opportunities for children to engage in, and improve their performance in a wide range of activity and sport, by learning the skills required to engage and apply. The Children will gain the knowledge and understanding of the positive impact that engaging in such activity has on health and personal development.
For swimming, the focus will be on ensuring pupils, by the end of KS2, achieve the expected standard of; 25m distance swim, using a range of strokes effectively and performing safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Click here to view our curriculum overview for P.E.
Ten things to celebrate about PE at Lingdale Primary are:
- A wide variety of after school clubs are on offer and children really enjoy taking part.
- Entry to inter-school sport competitions through the Sports Partnership which has enabled children to compete against other schools and showcase the new skills they have learned. It has heightened the confidence of the children taking part.
- Very well resourced including online Complete PE tool.
- Wonderful facilities- hall/MUGA/field/playgrounds/trim trail
- Member of Youth Sport Trust and Sainsbury’s School Games. We have achieved Bronze Award over the past 4 years.
- Pupil questionnaire indicated that children really enjoy their P.E. lessons, access a number of after- school clubs and enjoy learning new skills.
- Play leaders have been trained this year which has increased the physical activity of children in Foundation Stage and KS1 every lunchtime.
- Links with local sports clubs including Simon Carson SCSS, Judo, 442 sports club
- Active lunch and break times with boxes of resources for children to play and develop own games
- Annual sports day with the long running community competition ‘Simon’s cup’.
At Lingdale Primary we are tremendously proud of our pupils sporting achievements and aim to give every child the opportunity to participate in as large a range of sports/activities as possible. Our main aim is for each child to try their best and reach their full potential developing skills and enjoyment in games, gymnastics, dance, athletics, swimming and outdoor pursuits. We also hope that with support they will adopt a healthy lifestyle outside school and in later life. We have a wide range of activities and clubs which allows pupils to participate and achieve in a fun, safe environment.
Basketball / Netball
Health and Fitness
Festivals we have taken part in include:
Kwik Cricket tournament
Outdoor Athletics for Years 1 & 2
Tag Rugby tournament
East Cleveland sporting event for KS1
Boys’ and girls’ football tournament
St.Peter’s outdoor sports for KS1
Boys & girls’ Tag Rugby tournament