At Lingdale, children will have the confidence and skills to represent their world in a creative and dynamic way, ready to explain the choices and ideas involved. Through investigating the work of local and renowned artists, architects and sculptors our children will develop a deep understanding of the creative voice and eye. Via the well-taught skills of drawing, painting and mixed media, sculpture and 3D Art and craft and design; and open-ended opportunities to use them, our children will discover their own creative soul. Thus, Lingdale children are confident self-evaluators who have learned to trust their instincts and be true to themselves.
- Children will become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- Children will produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- They will be able to plan, create and evaluate pieces of art which will be shown through sketch books either directly or through photographic evidence.
- They will have the confidence to discuss what materials and style they have used e.g. sketching and to say whether their choice was the best or if it could be improved.
- They will evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- They will know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- All children will be able to discuss what they know about art and the artists’ style which they have studied throughout the year.
- Children will enjoy art and build upon prior skills as they progress through school.
Click here to see our curriculum map for Art